About Celebration House
The brainchild of Pam Black (author of best-selling books such as The A-Z of Factory Shops, Senior Citizen's Money-Saver and The Really Useful WEDDING BOOK for South Africa), Celebration House is unique in Cape Town.
This exhibition centre is dedicated to providing you with help and information whenever you have to organise a function of any kind - whether it be a wedding, a barmitzvah, a 21st birthday, an office party or a conference. With over 13 years' experience, we are the leaders in our field and all our exhibitors are names you can trust. We don't organise the event for you - but we do provide all the 'inside' information you need to be able to do it successfully yourself!
Celebration House is set in a beautifully decorated period house in Claremont. The elegant rooms hold a variety of displays (from wall-mounted photographic displays to albums and videos), by a range of service providers involved in the functions industry - including top venues, photographers, videographers, musicians and floral and decor artists. Here you can view wedding dresses by top designers, as well as actual examples of photographers' work, wedding decor, invitations, candelabra and much more!
Celebration House has a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere and provides the ideal surroundings in which to plan important functions. There is no charge whatsoever for visiting this permanent exhibition centre, nor do you have to make an appointment. There are numerous comfortable chairs and you are invited to spend as much time as you wish browsing through the displays, as well as the extensive collection of imported bridal books and magazines. Our experienced advisers are available to offer assistance and you will also be given a complimentary carrier bag in which to collect information such as business cards and brochures on display.
Our website www.celebrationhouse.co.za offers an extensive range of information about wedding planning, including all the legal requirements. You will also find a comprehensive database of recommended service providers. We are very proud of the fact that it was recently judged runner-up in the online category for South African Tourism's Welcome Awards. The aim of the Welcome Awards is to recognise individuals and businesses in the tourism sector that offer high standards of customer care and provide service excellence. Our interactive ‘Dear Pam’ column offers free advice, should you require answers to any questions relating to your wedding.Celebration House has organised and developed the following projects:
- The Cape Town Wedding Festival held at the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town (2004-2008)
- Foschini Group Club Magazine Win-a-Wedding Competition (Cape Town 2003-2005, Johannesburg 2005)
- The Cape Town Wedding Show held at the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town (2003)
- The Wedding, Conference & Events Expo (1997-2002)
- Annual Bridal Expo and other promotions at Cavendish Square Shopping Centre (1999-2002)
- The first Internet-based Win-a-Wedding Competition, with M-Web in 2000/2001 - 3 x R100 000 weddings (1 in Johannesburg, 1 in Durban and 1 in Cape Town) as prizes.
- Win-a-5-Star-Wedding Competition with iafrica.com in 2001/2002 - 3 x R100 000 weddings as prizes.
- Regular 'Planning Your Wedding' talks at Celebration House
- The Celebration House website (www.celebrationhouse.co.za)
- Under African Skies - complimentary magazine / CD - handed out in the UK
- Couple of the Year Competition - in association with Fairlady Bride and Sarie Bruid (2005)
- Win-a-Wedding Competition with iafrica.com 2009.
- The National Wedding Show - Earls Court, London (2004-2006) and Olympia, London (2003,2008)
- The UK Wedding Show - Wembley, London (2002)