About Pam Black
Pam Black began her career as an author with the publication in 1985 of the best-selling, The A-Z of Factory Shops, now in its eleventh edition. She has also written (and published) several other successful books, among them the Senior Citizens’ Money Saver, How to Survive the School Holidays and The Really Useful WEDDING BOOK for South Africa.
In 1996, Pam launched the innovative Celebration House, a unique resource centre situated in Claremont, Cape Town, which offers free information and advice to anyone planning functions of every kind, from weddings to conferences. Her expertise in this area has led to her involvement (by invitation) in numerous exhibitions mounted by major shopping centres in the Cape Town area. Pam is also the organiser of the annual Cape Town Wedding Festival, which has become the Cape's most prestigious showcase for the functions industry. In addition Pam has written articles on various topics for newspapers such as The Sunday Times and for iafrica.com, and has been a guest on Cape Talk 567. She also writes a monthly column on wedding planning tips for Die Burger and articles for Fairlady Bride and Sarie Bruid.
Below is a listing of Pam's achievements under the banner of one of her companies, Pam Black Publications:
List of publications and associated activities
- The Really Useful WEDDING BOOK for South Africa - (1st Edition, 2007)
- The A-Z of Factory Shops in the Western Cape - 11 editions
- Senior Citizens' Money-Saver - 3 editions (Old Mutual bought 50 000 copies). Best-selling non-fiction book in South Africa in 1988.
- Everybody’s Money Saver - 2 editions (in association with Pick ‘n Pay)
- How to Survive the School Holidays
- Let's Celebrate - a Guide to Weddings & Other Special Occasions
- Pam Black's Gift Book
- Where is that Recipe?
- The Factory Shopper Newsletter
- Factory Shop Tours - introducing visitors and others to the delights of factory-shopping in Cape Town
- Factory Shop Talks - numerous talks given to ladies' groups over the years
- Guest on Cape Talk 567 for 2 years on Saturday mornings
- Published The A-Z of Factory Shops in Natal
- The Savvy Shopper column in SA CityLife Magazine
- Monthly column on wedding planning tips for Die Burger newspaper
- Monthly column on wedding planning tips for iafrica.com
- Articles for Fairlady Bride and Sarie Bruid
- Couple of the Year Competition - in association with Fairlady Bride and Sarie Bruid (2005).